- Summer brides might choose flowers in happy shades of yellow. Remember to choose a range of yellows that has enough contrast to the shade of bridal gown. Spring blossoms include tulips and daffodils. Happy daisies, sunflowers, freesia, ranunculas, dahlias, zinnias, day lilies, buttery roses, and alstromeria offer an array of yellow blossoms. Add a touch of blue hydrangea and beautiful greens for extra interest and texture.
Green Pairs With Any Other Color
- Using an array of greenery from plants and flowers and some or a few flowers in shades of green, you have the foundation of a beautiful color scheme. You can find shades of light greens in tulip leaves, ivory, hostas, hydrangea, orchids, and green parrot tulips. Find silver greens in eucalyptus. Dark green tones are in ivy, leather leaf ferns, rose leaves, camellia leaves, and magnolia leaves. Leave the greens alone or add subtle shades of your favorite colors.
Shades of Blue
- Blue has long been one of the favorite colors for interior decorating, so it just seems natural that brides would want to include blue in their wedding color scheme. This would be especially appropriate for outdoor weddings where the sky or water would be an important element in the setting. Add the cool, serene tones of blues with cornflowers, hydrangea, delphinium, iris, or agapanthus. Use shades of pink or add bright greens for interest.
- Purple bridesmaids' dresses look elegant and regal, but beware! Dark purple flowers can get "lost" in a dark room. Choose flowers in brighter, lighter shades of purple so that they show off as you want. It might be a good idea to "test" the color before you make the final decision to have purple as a dominant color in your decor.
Black and White
- For the ultimate in sophistication, dress the bridesmaids in beautiful black gowns and the men in handsome black tuxedos. The bride can wear snow white or any shade of ivory or candlelight. Add sparkle if desired, or stay with the simple elegance. Flowers can be all white or any tone that enhances the sophisticated look. Table decorations can be silver or gold, or any color of the rainbow.
Read more about Wedding Flowers.