Picture lights attach to the frame of the art and come in various lengths and many metallic finishes. They're great for lighting art in a dark place or to draw attention to it.
Measure the width of your art and use the following rules to determine the length of your picture light.
- For a frame 8 to 14 inches wide, use a 4 1/2 inch light.
- For a frame 12 to 18 inches wide, use a 5 1/2 inch light.
- For a frame 16 to 24 inches wide, use a 7 to 9 inch light.
- For a frame 25 to 37 inches wide, use a 14 1/2 to 16 inch light.
- For a frame more than 35 inches wide, find a 30 inch light.
Of course these are just suggestions. Find the light that looks best and gives the proper illumination for your artwork.
Go to our Directory of Quick Tips.