This holiday season why not add a little holiday cheer to your bedroom? There are some simple ways to do it without adding clutter or making it look tacky. Here are a few of them:
- One of the best ways to reflect the season, any season, is with flowers. Don't limit yourself to traditional Christmas flowers like poinsettias; a multitude of types can work. Stick with ones that are traditional colors like red and green or go for white, which is always elegant. Add some pieces of evergreen and even some pinecones to make a wonderful winter arrangement.
- Add a cozy throw to your bed or piece of accent furniture if you've got one. A warm blanket in a festive color can do wonders for adding warmth and holiday cheer.
- Hang a wreath on either the headboard or footboard of the bed. If it's a wreath made of natural greenery it might be preferable to hang it on the footboard so you don't get little pieces falling off and landing on your head or in the bed as you sleep. If wreaths aren't your thing try hanging stockings on the footboard.
- Like in any room, a great way to add a little holiday color is with ribbon. Use double-sided tape to attach ribbon to lampshades, or, a great thing to do in the bedroom is to add ribbon to the window treatments. Again, use double-sided tape for easy application and removal, and add ribbon to the edges of curtains or drapes to create a colored border. It's a great way to add some Christmas color and it can work on any type of fabric window treatment, whether it's long curtains or a simple roman shade.
- If you have a hanging light fixture try wrapping it in a simple garland. Keep the garland simple, not too thick, and definitely not flammable. A crystal, cranberry, or sequined garland will do nicely. Wrap it around the fixture's branches and voila!
- Use a wide piece of satin ribbon to hang a simple boxwood wreath in the window. It's festive without being overpowering.
When it comes to Christmas decorating for the bedroom try not to overdo it. It still needs to be a relaxing retreat and adding clutter isn't a great idea. Keep your Christmas decorating simple and understated. You might be surprised at how effective it is.