Follow the instructions here to make a festive Halloween Sunflowers in a Black Basket decoration for your fall table or door.
You'll need the following materials and tools:
- A basket painted black (which you can buy or make yourself.) If you can't find one already painted, find one that is the right shape and spray-paint it black. Ours is shaped like a cauldron, perfect for Halloween.
- A large "plant" of orange sunflowers
- Wire cutters (to cut the plant apart).
- Berries or sprays of glass beads in fall or Halloween colors.
- Glue gun if you want to make the decoration permanent
Follow these simple steps to make the Black Halloween Basket with Sunflowers:
- Cover your work table with plastic or an old sheet.
- Lay out the materials and tools.
- Cut the sunflower stems from the plant, leaving about 8" to 10" of stem.
- Spread out the flowers at the stems and place the flowers into the basket, arranging them around the basket. If you want to make the basket construction permanent, secure the stems with hot glue.
- Insert the sprays of beaded berries around the flowers, spacing them evenly.
That's all there is to it!
You might try some variations using this centerpiece.
- Place a square of seasonal fabric on the middle of your table. Either leave it flat on the table or crumple it up in an artistic way. Place the basket of sunflowers in the center and place a pumpkin or black cat nearby.
- If you prefer, line the basket with a glass container or heavy plastic and use fresh flowers for the decoration.
- If you can't find orange sunflowers, try orange mums or other seasonal-colored blossoms.