Add some pizzazz to a boring lampshade by dressing up its interior. This DIY lampshade project works best for hanging shades such as pendant fixtures with drum shades.
Time Required: One hour
- Make a pattern by tracing the shape of the lampshade onto a piece of paper. Make sure to leave enough to overlap the ends.
- Choose a fabric that will compliment the room where the shade resides. Try a bold color or an eye-catching pattern.
- Cut the fabric using the pattern you drew.
- Coat the side you don't want showing (the underside of the fabric) with a spray adhesive and carefully glue it to the inside of the shade.
- Smooth the fabric out as you go so that there are no lines, folds, or air bubbles.
- If you're having trouble applying the fabric try backing it with paper to stiffen it, then use the adhesive to attach the paper side to the shade.
- For a finished look glue a corresponding ribbon (grosgrain is always a nice option) to the top and bottom edges of the shade.
What You Need
- Spray Adhesive
- Ribbon (optional)