Here are some ideas for decorating with pink.
- Soft pinks are light and feminine and work beautifully with whites and creams. A living room full of cream furniture with pink décor accents such as drapes and pink patterned pillows is pretty without being too girly. Add a large gilt mirror to up the elegance factor.
- Blush is a lovely color for a bedroom. Mix it with gray and silver for an elegant look. Use silks, satins and velvets to up the luxe factor.
- For a fresh, spring look mix soft pink decor with fresh greens. This look is particularly pretty in living rooms and dining rooms. Imagine green and cream striped walls, a dark wood table, a gold chandelier and pink upholstered seats. Lovely!
- Bold pinks such as fuchsia and raspberry have a modern sensibility. Try adding a hot pink piece of furniture or include a fuchsia accent wall in a modern white room.
- Bright pinks look great when mixed with stainless steel and chrome. Keep this in mind when decorating kitchens and bathrooms. For instance, a hot pink bathmat and/or towels look great in a modern bathroom with stainless steel fixtures.
- A bright pink settee in a dark entryway is a stunning focal point.
- When decorating a room for a teenager try mixing hot pink with orange or purple. It's pretty bold, but it's also very current and trendy.
- Using a bold pink in an office can help keep you energized when trying to work. An accent wall painted bright pink can do the trick.
Pink Color Combinations
Though some are surprised by it, pink works with almost every other color. The best ones to use just depend on your style and personal preference. Colors include:
- Soft Blue
The thing to remember about decorating with pink – any pink – is to break it up with different colors to achieve balance. The best colors will always depend on the intensity of the pink you use and the look you want to achieve. But don't be afraid. Pink is a great color to decorate with, and it's not just for women!
Click here for some beautiful pink decor ideas.