A simple pedestal bowl holds colorful Christmas ornaments.
Photo courtesy of Glenna Morton
If you have a simple footed bowl in your home, you can create this dramatic centerpiece for your Christmas (or any other special occasion) table. We've chosen beautiful lavendar and purple balls in matte and shiny finish to coordinate with the decor of the home. Even though these are not Christmas colors, they create a very special look. This is an inexpensive alternative to a floral arrangement, as beautiful, colorful glass balls can be purchased by the box for next-to-nothing in discount, craft, or department stores.
Materials for this Centerpiece of Ornaments in a Pedestal Bowl
- pedestal centerpiece bowl
- variety of holiday ornaments
- Optional: vases
Follow these simple steps to make your Centerpiece of Ornaments in a Pedestal Bowl:
- Choose a pedestal bowl of crystal, glass, silver, brass, ceramic, or wood.
- Collect a mix of seasonal ornaments and pile them into the bowl.
- If desired, place additional ornaments in vases, bowls, or votive candle containers around the base of the pedestal bow.
Special tips for fine-tuning:
- A low bowl or container will also work well.
- Choose a mix of shiny and matte ornaments in a range of sizes for special interest.
- Select monochromatic ornaments for an elegant look.
- Select varied color ornaments for fun.
Go on to our Candlestick Ornaments Arrangement
~ Coral Nafie
More Holiday Ideas
Christmas Index | Centerpieces | Choose a Tree | Christmas
Design | DIY Projects | Gifts | Guests | Top Picks | Storage | Tables | Themes | Decorating Tips | Tree Decor | Wreaths