Materials for Your Christmas Centerpiece With Cranberries and Candles
- tray or platter of any type to coordinate with your Christmas table theme
- tea light or votive candles
- 2 to 3 - 1 pound bags fresh red cranberries, depending on the size and depth of your tray
- leaves, pine sprigs, or garlands, if desired
Follow these simple steps to make your Christmas Cranberries and Candles Centerpiece:
- Place a tray or platter in the center of your table.
- Pour the fresh red cranberries out on the tray and spread evenly. Be sure to pick out and throw away any shriveled, wilted, or discolored berries.
- Arrange tea light or votive candles around the tray.
Special tips for fine-tuning:
- Place sprigs of greens under the tray or into the berries.
- Use a footed, shallow glass bowl for height
- Line a footed, deep glass bowl with leaves, arrange cranberries, and set candles on top.
- To add height, choose candles of various heights.
- Arrange small ornaments around the tray, intersperced with the candles.
- Spread a garland around the base of the tray.
- Tuck colorful Christmas bows around the candles.
- Note: Cranberries contain moisture that could damage or discolor some trays, especially silver. If you are concerned, line the tray with plastic and remove the cranberries after a day or two, before they get soft.
Go on to Evergreen Centerpiece