Moving furniture usually leaves crushed areas of carpet. What to do? This is such an easy fix, you won't believe it works! It will be helpful for renters and home sellers, or use it when you rearrange the furniture.
Time Required: Varies
- Put some ice cubes in a bowl.
- Place the ice cubes along the dented areas of carpeting or in the spot where a piece of furniture was set. Place cubes about 2 inches apart. (See Tips below. ALWAYS test first, and be especially cautious if you have wood floors under your carpeting.)
- Let the ice cubes rest on the carpet for several hours or overnight, at least until cubes are completely melted.
- Allow the carpet to dry completely.
- Vacuum the carpet in the areas where you set the ice cubes.
- Carpet fibers should now be returned to their normal upright position. If they're still lying down, fluff them up with your finger tips.
- Reapply ice cubes if needed.
- Please read important TIPS below.
- ALWAYS test this method first with one ice cube in an inconspicuous spot. Lift carpet corner to see that the water hasn't damaged the under flooring.
- Be CAREFUL if you have wood floors underneath! Test first to make sure moisture does not damage the wood!
- DO NOT use this method on hand dyed rugs, antique carpets, delicate or valuable rugs, or on fibers not compatible with water cleaning.