Whether you have a large outdoor space or just a simple front door, there are plenty of things you can do to spruce up your space. Check out these outdoor Christmas decorating ideas and get cracking. The holiday season will be over before you know it.
Outdoor Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Keep your front entryway simple by framing the front door with a pine garland embellished with a few pinecones. Enhance the look further by hanging a pinecone wreath on the door and accenting it with a little bit of pine.
- Hanging a wreath on the front door is a classic and still popular look. Try taking it up a notch by hanging two similar wreaths vertically (one over the other). It still looks classic but it will make your door look a little more unique than those of your neighbors.
- If you have a cover over your front porch or some sort of arch over the entryway, use twine or ribbon to hang some large ornaments from it. Then cluster together some matching ornaments and hang them on the front door.
- Instead of hanging a wreath just on the front door, hang one in every window. Keep them all the same (style and size) and then hang a matching wreath in a slightly bigger size on the front door.
- Place a couple of greenery filled urns or potted trees on either side of the front door or at the base of your steps (if you've got them) and cover them in white twinkle lights. If space and your budget permits try placing them all the way up the pathway to your home.
- If the weather is cold enough line your front path and/or steps with ice lanterns. To make them fill a bucket with water about ¾ of the way up and then place a smaller container (such as a coffee can) inside (fill it with rocks so it stays in place). Leave it outside overnight so it freezes, then run warm water over the bucket to loosen it, and run some into the tin can to loosen it as well. Once the can is removed you can place a candle inside.
- Line your front walkway with galvanized metal pails and put a candle in each one.
- There's something incredibly charming and festive about birch bark. Place a container of birch bark logs by the front door, or try displaying some birch bark candles in clear containers along your front pathway.
- If you have any pillars or columns on your front porch wrap them in garlands or ribbons.
- Fill a couple of large containers with pinecones and place them on either side of the front door. If possible add some twinkle lights to them.
When it comes to outdoor Christmas decor, more is more. When you think you've overdone it, add a little more! This is the one time of year when it's totally acceptable to overdo it and go wild. So take advantage of the season and have fun.