In order to keep your bathroom organized and to prevent the clutter from taking over check out some of the following bathroom organizing ideas.
Control Bathroom Clutter
- The first thing to do is to get rid of excess clutter and items you don't need anymore. Toss out old cosmetics, medications and cleaning products. Bottle and jars can quickly take over if they're not disposed of. Think of what they cost you in terms of the space they take up and get rid of them.
- Store bathroom items in matching or complimentary containers (glass is always a good choice) and get rid of plastic bottles and packaging. Even the most mundane products can look nice when stored and displayed properly.
- Clear the countertops of anything that isn't absolutely necessary. When not in use, put away items inside drawers and behind cabinet doors. Organize items that must stay on the counter by placing them all on a pretty tray. It will contain the items and keep the counter from looking messy or disorganized.
- Avoid having too many decorative items in the bathroom. Save knickknacks and extra accessories for rooms where there's more space.
Easy Bathroom Organizing Ideas
- Paint the back of the door with magnetic paint and then hang hooks, small shelves and towel bars on it. If magnetic paint isn't your thing you can always install them the traditional way. Use small versions on the inside of cabinet doors.
- Use a wheeled multi-shelf cart to keep bath and shower items like shampoo, soap and other must-have toiletries. Roll it up to the tub at bath time and store it out of the way when you're done. Use baskets to group like items together. Divide them up by person, task, or time of day. If you divide them up by person put a pretty label on each basket so there's no confusion about what items belong to which person.
- If you're shopping for cabinets try to find one that has a built-in hamper feature. A place to put dirty clothes and damp towels is necessary to keep them from ending up on the floor. A built-in version will save space and help keep the bathroom organized. Try to find a removable version that will allow you to easily remove it and tote the laundry to the washing machine.
- Try using a traditional kitchen-style storage system. Instead of cooking utensils store bath items.