No matter what the color or style of your decor, there are fall colors that will blend and add warmth and interest to your inside space. Rust, golds, greens, and browns compliment almost any color scheme. Choose the colors that look best in your home, and you will be able to create a wonderful, cozy space.
Whatever style of wreath you choose, you can use it for the whole autumn season, because most of the materials you use will be dried or preserved. You'll have a beautiful seasonal decoration from early September through Thanksgiving time.
One great source for fall wreaths is the internet. You can find wreat forms, kits to make your own wreath, or the raw materials to use to create your own personal decorations.
Choose either grapevine, straw, or twigs for the wreath base. You might even find some materials in your yard that will be perfect. Use a hot glue gun or wire to attach dried leaves, acorns, pinecones, or silk or dried flowers to the base. Add mini corn cobs, wheat, dried pomegranates or apples, or interesting seed pods that you've picked up. The simple natural elements look wonderful on their own, or you can add a raffia or ribbon bow for the final embellishment.
To celebrate Halloween, add mini-pumpkins, picks of gourds or ghosts, or wire on small bats or witches. When Halloween is over, take the holiday decorations off the wreath and add other similar appropriate decorations for Thanksgiving. You've got a decoration that will last for over two months!
Check out some of these internet sites for sources for wreaths, supplies, and seasonal decorations:
- Smith and Hawken offers some beautiful wreaths for autumn and Christmas. Browse their catalog to see their current offerings.
- You'll be able to find a lot of fall decorating materials from Eckler Farms. They offer wheat stalks, hay bales, corn stalks, and colorful Indian corn.
- The Corner Crafters site offers both simple and fancy fall and Thanksgiving wreaths.
- See a photo and simple instructions for making a Fall Harvest Wreath.
- Don't miss the simple instructions on how to make About's Fall Wreath With Mums which will really decorate your door or table.
- Add Halloween fun to your home with About's Halloween Witch Wreath. When Halloween's over, remove the witch, add a bow, and you'll be ready for Thanksgiving.
- Michael's provides lots of ideas for creating your own wreath at reasonable prices.
Enjoy your wreath!
For more great Autumn decorating ideas see the List of ALL Fall Projects