Follow the instructions here to make this beautiful Fall Wreath with Mums for your fall table or door.
You'll need the following materials and tools:
- A 24" to 36" grapevine wreath (which you can buy or make yourself.)
- Two large "plants" of mums in two fall colors, such as yellow, burnt orange, or brown.
- Wire cutters (to cut the plants apart and the wire for hanging.)
- Berries or sprays of smaller flowers or glitter to decorate the wreath
- Wire to hang the wreath, if you're going to hang it
- Ribbon in complimentary colors, if you're going to hang the wreath
- Glue gun if you want to make the wreath permanent
Follow these simple steps to make the Fall Wreath with Mums:
- Cover your work table with plastic or an old sheet.
- Lay out the materials and tools.
- Cut the mum blossoms from the stems, leaving about 3" to 4" on the flower stem.
- Place the flowers into the grapevine wreath, alternating the colors evenly around the wreath form. If you want to make the wreath construction permanent, secure the stems with hot glue.
- Insert the berries around the wreath, spacing them evenly.
- Secure a 10" wire loop at the top of the wreath on the back if you're going to hang it.
Choose any of these variations for decorating with this Fall Wreath with Mums.
- Place a square of seasonal fabric on the middle of your table. Either leave it flat on the table or crumple it up in an artistic way. Place the wreath in the center and place beautiful fall-colored candles in the center of the wreath.
- Place a festive figure in the center of the wreath to be a focal point on a table. Place raffia bows spaced around the wreath for a country feeling.
- Use sparkling, glistening berries around the wreath to add a more formal look.
- If you use a smaller wreath form, you could use this basic wreath on a coffee table or even a bedside table in a guest room. Wouldn't your guests feel special?
- Use raw berries on branches for a more homey, rustic look.
- Decorate a hanging wreath with a beautiful, wired bow in colors that are complimentary to the flowers and your decor.
- You can get a totally different look by using roses, poinsettia blossoms, zinnia heads, lilac clusters, and bunches of violets or ranunculas around the wreath form, instead of autumn mums.
- Place large pillar candle columns in the center of the wreath on the table.
Once you get the basic design of this beautiful wreath put together, you'll find lots of ways to change the look and lots of places to put it. And you'll easily see that you can get any seasonal look you want.