Here's how to quick clean a room efficiently.
Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: 15 to 30 minutes
- Assemble cleaning materials such as vacuum, dust cloths, and glass cleaner.
- First, remove any items that do not belong in the room (dishes, newspapers, mail, etc.). Change the sheets if the room is a bedroom.
- Starting to the right of the door, go around the room dusting every surface. Either use your favorite spray, or simply use one damp washcloth and one dry cloth.
- Dry each surface and object before moving on.
- Next, use glass cleaner or a damp cloth to wash picture glass, mirrors, and TV screens.
- Straighten as you go, straightening magazines, rearranging tabletops, replacing items in drawers.
- Put the edging attachment on the vacuum and go around the room vacuuming edges, corners, window sills, and tops of doors and shelves.
- Next, use the brush attachment on the vacuum to clean upholstery, headboards, curtains, and carved wood, including door panels.
- Finally, starting in the farthest corner from the door begin to vacuum the floor, working your way back out the door.
- Scan the room for any other items to be taken care of, then move on.
- Move quickly around the room. Carry cleaning supplies in a tote that can be carried anywhere.
- Straighten but don't sort or reorganize now unless you have time.
- Use lots of rags or old washcloths when you are cleaning so you clean with "clean" cloths.