You can give any room a fresh seasonal decor by making some changes in small ways.
- Alternate two sets of covers for decorative pillows — some for spring/summer and others for fall/winter.
- Order reversible drapery panels so they can easily be turned with the changing of the seasons. A plain ivory on one side can be a neutral option while a more colorful stripe on the reverse offers a fresh look for another season.
- When displaying plates, change them seasonally. Pretty florals in the summer can be switched out with classic holiday plates when the weather turns cool.
- Switch a light throw with a cozier one for cooler seasons.
- Remove spring themed silk flower arrangements as soon as summer is over. Replace them with fall colored pieces accented with fall leaves and fruit.
- Change a cool cotton matelasse bed cover for a warmer down duvet.
Read more Quick Tips in our Directory of Quick Tips.