Here's how to fold a fitted sheet perfectly every time.
Time Required: 5
- Slip your hand
into 2 top corners of the sheet.
- With one hand inside each of
the top 2 corners, fold the sheet (right sides together). Slip each of
the top corners into one of the bottom corners.
- Lay sheet on bed
or table. Arrange and fold the corners neatly. Turn in selvage edges
enough to make 4 straight sides.
- Fold in half, then in half
again. (All four corners will be stacked together, and sheet will be in
a long strip.
- Then fold the long strip in half, then in half (or
thirds, depending on the size of the sheet) again to make a
- Sheet should be a compact, neat square.
and place on shelf.
- Learn how to
fold sheets consistently so that they remain neat each
- Store sheets in sets (flat, fitted, and cases) if that is
how you use them.
- Mark shelves with sheet sizes, or use
different shelves for different size sheets.
- For patterned
sheets, by folding the bottom sheet inside out and the top sheet right
side out, you'll be able to easily tell the
More How To's from
your Guide To Interior Decorating