1. Home

Best Online Room Planners

By August 18, 2010

floor plan imageThanks to freshome.com for posting this excellent piece about the best online room planners.

If you're planning on redoing a room - whether it's a big project or small - or if you're moving, I highly recommend you check some of these out. They allow you to play around with different furniture arrangements according to the specifics of your room and some even allow you to incorporate colors and will give you a real 3-D look at how your space will look when completed. By using these before you get started on your project you can save a lot of time and money and avoid making big decorating mistakes.

The best thing about these is that they're user-friendly (you don't need to have any prior knowledge about space planning) and totally free. Check 'em out.

Photo flickr.com/Peg Syverson

Comments

August 18, 2010 at 3:33 pm
(1) Ronique Gibson says:

Lauren,

Thank you for posting this on About.com. I wrote this article because I am an architect by day, but have many friends and family that don’t want to have to learn home planning software!

Like you said, these are free, and have an easy learning curve, and many of them you can post on social media sites to share with friends and get more ideas!

Glad you enjoyed it!

August 19, 2010 at 5:37 am
(2) John says:

I was looking for an article like this for a very very long time. Thanks for sharing.

August 20, 2010 at 7:29 am
(3) builders glasgow says:

Great stuff, I’ll have to try it at some point. Thank you for posting!

August 21, 2010 at 7:16 am
(4) Krypton Kitchens says:

This is a lovely blog I have ever read. Important information about this blog is the 3D space look. I have gothrough somany articles, But this article is totally different. Thank you for you Kind Post.

August 21, 2010 at 7:22 am
(5) Arif Shaik says:

A perfect website to be revisited. Content in the post a good one and even people get to use to it.

October 13, 2010 at 2:33 am
(6) Anu says:

That’s a great site you shared with us. It will be a big help, thanks.